Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, February 22, 2016

Questions asked ... Feb. 22

FEBRUARY 22 - Need 

Oh I need thee. Every hour I need thee. 

I thought of the song, " I Need Thee Every Hour" and looked it up in the 1991 Baptist Hymnal.  Here are the words:

v 1:
I need Thee ev-ry hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.


v 2:
I need Thee ev-ry hour,
Stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow'r
When Thou art nigh.


v 3:
I need Thee ev-ry hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.


v 4:
I need Thee ev-ry hour,
Teach me Thy will;
Thy promises so rich
In me fulfill.


v 5:
I need Thee ev-ry hour,
Most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son. 


Chorus:
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Ev-ry hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After reading today's devotional, so many questions came to my mind today. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who do I need? 

Is it You Lord as some have indicated so to me? 

Why? 

What can You do? 

Why do I believe I can do just fine on my own? 

Why do I come to church and say I need to return, yet I have not returned? 

Who am I kidding? 

Do I think God doesn't see my twisted thinking? 

Do I believe God doesn't really know me? 

Why do I refuse instruction? 

Why don't I come regularly to worship ore Sunday School/Bible Study? 

Why do I always find an excuse? 

Why don't I want to watch Christian movies? 

Why isn't my strength enough? 

Why must I spent time with my spouse and my children? 

Why isn't my own time more important? 

What is wrong with coming to church only when I feel like it? 

Why am I angry with my spouse? 

Where is my happiness? 

Where is my joy? 

Where is my love for You and for those around me? 

Why when I was a child Jesus was most important to me, but now that I am older, He is not? 

Why do I not open up with those closest to me, to those who care for my well-being? 

Why do I believe this is who and what and how I am and I cannot change? 

Why do I not ask for help from The One who can truly help me? 

Do I not like the answers He may give? 

Why doesn't my spouse understand my needs? 

Why do I believe my needs, my wants, my desires are all more important that those of my spouse or my children or any other person? 

Why do I act disinterested in doing things as a family? 

Why am I unhappy? 

Why do I think different scenery would be better? 

Why do I not pray for forgiveness? 

Why do I not ask for guidance? 

Why do I not follow through? 

Why do I not teach my children how to pray? 

Why do I not teach my children about God? 

Why am I not calm? 

Why can't I have fun with my family without getting frustrated? 

Why is there no laughter? 

Why is my child angry? 

Why does my child yell? 

Why does my child use words not beneficial?

Is this my fault?


Why should I read the Bible? 

Why should I pray? 

Why should I be thankful? 

What should I be thankful for? 

Do I not care about God's will? 

Do I not care about God? 

Why do I need a relationship with Jesus? 

I accepted His gift of salvation. I don't need anything else, do I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6