Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Questions asked... of God, of us -- Feb. 7-9

FEBRUARY 7

Am I rested? 


Am I refreshed? 

Am I exhausted, even after a night of sleep? 

Am I excited for the opportunities ahead? 

Do I look for ways to share the Lord's blessings to others? 

Am I attentive to God? 

Am I constantly aware of Him?

Do I stay connected to God?

Have I given up? 


"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God. For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God." ~Psalm 42:11


FEBRUARY 8 

Jesus says He is above all things. Do I believe that He is? 

Do I think I am on top of everything ... Do I think if I work harder, sleep longer, everything will turn out alright? 

Am I fooling myself?

Do I not believe what the Bible says? 


Do I even know what the Bible says or do I only know what it doesn't say?
Where do I go when problems overwhelm me? 

Do I sit and watch TV or play games?

Why do I not have time to get my Bible out and open its pages and read and study God's words of wisdom? 


Why do I choose the darkness of misery over the Light of the Lord's presence? 

Why am I discouraged? 

Why don't I call to the one highest, the one above all, for help?

Am I afraid?

Why am I afraid?

Where is my faith? 

Why is my fear of what may happen stronger than my belief or my desire to believe God will take care of me? 

When Jesus is walking on the water, Peter says to him from the boat, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water. So He said, Come. And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus, but when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he could not, saying, Lord, save me! And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" ~ Matthew 14:28-31 

FEBRUARY 9

Why is my life so hard? 

Why can't it be more user-friendly? 

Treasure hunts can be fun. I remember as a teenager and part of a church youth group, we would go place to place asking for various things until we received the treasure we were looking for. It seems we don't do that much as adults, but couldn't we?

The Lord Jesus is my treasure -- is He yours too? 

The first step can be easy or extremely difficult.

His Presence is all around, yet do I sense it ... in the flowers that bloom, the winds that blow, the sun that rises and sets? He is everywhere, even in my heart -- is He in yours too? 

His Presence glistens like the eary morning dew on the ground and shimmers like a snake winding its way through the tall grass. 

His Presence beckons to me to come into His holiness and journey with Him through prayer and Bible study and meditation, my path being led by His guiding light.

When I follow His light, being obedient and seeking His Presence every day for every moment, every circumstance, I will find His long-awaited Peace. 

So do I follow His light?

Am I being obedient?

Do I seek Him all the day. 


Am I at peace?

Do I trust Him? 


Do I believe He will lead me along the paths of truth and righteousness? 

Do I stumble and fall, struggling to get myself up? 

Is He my strength, my refuge, my comforter, my friend? 

"Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Haver mercy also upon me, and answer me." ~ Psalm 27: 7

"Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path." ~ Psalm 27:13

"I will trust and not be afraid." ~Isaiah 12:2 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6