Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Questions asked ... of God, of us -- Feb. 3

FEBRUARY 3

What point is there for me to think about tomorrow and the next day when I have today? 

But what if this happens or that happens? 

What if it does, God will say. You have today -- I have given it to you. Focus on this day. Focus on Me. There are enough troubles on this day. If you turn to Me, I will help you through them all. 

What about when I don't remember to turn to Jesus? What about when I get so caught up in whatever is going on, I forget? 

You are human. You will forget. But when you do remember, come unto Me.  Confess your sins, ask forgiveness. Start again to focus on Me.

I need to remember, over and over. Jesus is with me, today, tomorrow, all the time, always. He said He was. He said He would be. 

When I am angry and release my anger in undignified ways, I am reacting as the world I see around me says is okay. I have my rights, after all. 

But I am not a child of the world; I am a child of God. It is to God I am to look, not elsewhere. 

Why do I forget from where I came? Why do I think my rights count more than anything else? 

Am I not grateful for what the Lord has given me today? 

Why do I find it necessary to seek elsewhere  to find that which will satisfy me at a given moment? 

Why am I not satisfied with what I have?

Why do I think satisfaction is in the world? 

Why did I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when it seems I don't accept His way as The Way? 

How can I possibly be a child of God and yet do not live my life as though I am? 

Who do I think I am fooling? 

God is under no delusions. He knows what is going on. I will pay the consequences of my sins, and so will you. 

Why do I find fault with everyone around me -- what they do, how they act? 

Do I ever find myself wrong? Do I never do wrong? 

Do I ever try to correct my faults? 

Do I acknowledge my inconsistencies? 

Am I ever grateful? 

Why don't I trust some people? 

Where do my kids pick up such filthy language? 

Do I ever think about what I say, how I say it? 

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." ~ Romans 12:28 

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Evn though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day." ~ II Corinthians 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6