Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Questions asked ... of God, of us -- Feb. 2

Where is my positiveness? 

Why do I spend so much time on my problems?

Why does it seem the dark and gloom of the day brings down my spirits ... why do I allow it? 

Why do I fall into a pit of dismay -- everything around me antagonizes me. I am distraught. So much I don't understand. 

Why can't I focus on God -- why don't I -- why am I not -- and why aren't you? 

Why do I and you too react so boldly instead of considering our responses? 

Why, since I know You, God, are there, is my focus not on You -- what is preventing me from seeking You out? 

How do I train my mind to seek You Lord -- at all times, in every moment, every situation? 

How do I determine when God is talking to me and when it is Satan? 

If I sometimes see God and am aware of Him, why can't it be all the time? 

Why can't I see God's heavenly Sonlight in the midst of the dark? 

Jesus, the Son of God, overcame the darkness, overcame Satan. 

Why do I struggle to remember God's promises? 

Why can't I be what God desires me to be?  When will we become more like You? 

Why can't my thoughts be more positive? 

Why don't I trust You Lord? You do not fail me. Why don't I reach out for You? 
You who are forever true and faithful. 

The struggles I face with a loved one don't have to prevent me from coming to the Lord Jesus. 

Why do I continue to stay in the dark when the light is right there?

God is everywhere. I know You are. I am aware of Your Presence. I talk to You. I pray to You. I study Your word. 

Others know too. But are they aware of You? Do they talk to You ... pray to You ... worship You ... sing praises to You ... study Your Word? 

Do I enjoy fellowship with fellow believers? 

Do I enjoy sleeping in more?

Do I allow any distraction to come along to keep me from doing what I know is the right thing to do? 


Do I listen to the sermon or does my mind wander ... am I distracted? 

Do I come to Sunday worship with an open mind? Or is closed? 

Do I come to Sunday worship just to get an obligation out of the way? 

Have I opened His word?

Do I think it is not necessary to open the Bible? 


Did I read the Bible once and decide that was enough?

What did I learn?  


Do I think whatever it was that I learned once upon a time applies to all time -- in whatever stage I am in? 

Why should I continue to read the Bible?

Why should I even start to read the Bible?

Do I believe there is nothing in it that will be useful to me?

If the one time I read the Bible, it didn't say I couldn't do this or that, does that mean I have every right, no matter what the circumstances, to continue doing it?

What about all the things the Bible does say? 

What does it say about love? 

Does the Bible say to "abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good?" (Romans 12:9)

Or does it say something else? 


Does the Bible say "Do not be wise in your own opinion?" (Romans 12:16)

Does the Bible say "Repay no one evil for evil?" (Romans 12:17)

Does the Bible say "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good?" (Romans 12:21)

What does the Bible say about being a stumbling block to another? 

Does it say, "We then who are strong (in the flesh) ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves?" (Romans 15:1)

And if I am weak as another is weak, I nor you, in all honesty, can say, Oh I didn't know that -- not when we are children of God! 

Am I seeking His Face?

Do I bend my knee? 


Do I bow my head? 

I want what is best. I don't really know what is best. I think I do, but God is The One who knows best all the time. I want His light to shine in me and through me to others, so they will see God's glory and praise and worship Him. 

How Lord, how can I stay focused on You when circumstances get so messed up? 

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~ Romans 12:2 

"Seek the Lord and His Strength; Seek His face evermore!" ~ Psalm 105:4 




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6