Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Questions asked... of God, of us -- Jan. 15 - 18

JANUARY 15

Am I aware of God's face shining upon me? Do I sense it in the midst of the darkness that intrudes upon me or am I fixated with problems staring me in the face?

The closer I live to the Lord, the safer I am. Why do I allow problems to inundate me? 

Jesus is my help; He is nearby.  Call on Him. He will lift me up, up out of the skinking hole I've plummetted into. 


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication; with Thanksgiving, let your requets be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:6-7

"He (Jesus) said, Come and when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginnng to sink, he cried out, saying, Lord, save me!" ~ Matthew 14:29-30

"O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" ~ Matthew 14:31

When I become weary and discourage, do I consider the hostility Jesus endured for our sake? 

"Let us run with endurance the rae that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." ~ Hebrews 12:-1-2

JANUARY 16 

Do I think about my problems, my difficulties before I think about my God? 

Who / what comes to my mind first thing in the morning and for that matter, last thing at night? 

Does my headache that lingers beome my constant burden or have I given my pain to the Lord? 

What happens when I ask Him to remove it and He does not? 

Have I considered asking the Lord instead to show me how to deal with it, cope with it, but not spend all my time burdened by it ... to focus on Him instead?

Do I know how to focus on the Lord?

What does that mean to you ... to focus, to stay focused? 

Is it concentration?

Is it praising and thanking our holy God at every turn? 


Have I forgotten Jesus is with me always? 

Why do I go over and over in my mind the troubles that plaque me? Does it do my any good? 

Jesus tells us to come to Him, to rest in His Presence, His Peace. He will give us the necessary strength day by day. Our fear will diminish ... our fear of what may lie ahead ... we will be transformed. Trust is what we will remember in the midst of our trials ... "I trust You Lord Jesus. Help me. Save me." 

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My Yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." ~ Matthew 11:28-30

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me." (v. 29)  We are free from the Law, but that does not make us free to make our own rules. We are to be harnessed (yoked) to Jesus, living life His way. 

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." ~ Joshua 1:9

JANUARY 17 

What am I thankful for today? 
--a working furnace
--an enclosed house with no leaks
--curtains and drapes
--a warm bed with pillows and blankets
--freedom to worship God
--awareness of weather conditions
and more 

To whom am I thankful? If, assuming it is the Lord, do I thank Him for all or just those I consider personally good? 

Do I trust God will provide all I need in the midst of every battle? 

Do I seek out His help whenever, for whatever, or only when I have used up all my own resources? 

God is with us everywhere we are. We are to keep our focus on Him, not on ourselves. He will bring us blessings we only hope for in a distance time. Trust Him. Believe in His power. 

"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:19

How often do I spent personal, private time with the Lord? Is it daily? 

If I can't make it to worship on a given Sunday, what do I do?

Do I see God at work in my life? 

Does He talk to me ... what do I hear Him say? 

Do I learn something new in Scripture passages I have read before? 

Do I have a favorite verse? 

Can I / do I praise God in the midst of my circumstances? 


JANUARY 18 


Am I following the Lord?
Do I stay close, trusting Him with every step? 

Do shortcuts interest me more? 

Do I get sidetracked, following instead a path that leads to more trouble, more hardship?

"The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills.'' ~ Habakkuk 3:19 

Bible note: Truth Faith means loving and serving God regardless of circumstances. 

Like deer, am I sure-footed because I am sure-faithed" ... an image of victory and triumph in precarious times? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6