Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, February 1, 2016

Questions asked ... of God, of us -- Jan. 11 -14

JANUARY 11

Am I thanking God for the answers (that I seek) that He has already set in motion?

Do I just bring my concerns to Him over and over without expectant hope?

How much do I trust the Lord?

How much do I believe in His mighty power?

How often do I offer up praises to Him?

Do I remember His promises?

Do my prayers reveal my true focus? 


Thankful prayers keep your focus on His Presence and His Promises. 


"Be still, and know that I am God." ~ Psalm 46:10

"Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving." ~ Colossians 4:2

JANUARY 12

Sky remains cloudy, yet God can see all past the clouds. 

You think your life is hidden from view - behind closed doors - but only from those not allowed in is it true. 


Do I put forth my best foot at every opportunity?

Do I start the day thinking about God or does my mind go elsewhere, thinking about all the things to get done before I consider what God has for me? 


Do redirect my thoughts to God when my mind wanders or do I continue on the wayward path?

You do not need to see the way if / when you are following The One who is The Way. 


Are you open to suggestions the Lord gives you?

Do you seek out others who might be able to help you accomplish the Lord's suggestions? 


"My Presence will go with you, and I give you rest." ~ Exodus 33:14

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." ~ John 15:4-5

What do I do when I feel interest lacking from the one person I thought would be open to new ideas?

What do I do when my suggestions go in and out?

How can I move forward if I do not have encouragement?

Is encouragement only for women to give to the men in their lives ... not vice versa?

How can we accomplish the Lord's will in our lives and the lives of others if we see discouragement instead of encouragement? 


JANUARY 13

Do I think of the day as an adventure or would I rather spend the day in slumber?

Why would I rather do that?

Do I believe the Lord is with me even when I don't sense His Presence?

"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24


Jesus is our example. 

JANUARY 14 

Do I realize who created the sun? The clouds, the trees, the flowers, the seas ... Do I know?

Just as the sun peeks, shines bright into darkened windows, so too does our Lord -- He sees straight through you into the depths of your being. He knows what you think and feel. There is nowhere you can hide. Every corner, every crevice is open to Him. He sees your fears, your struggles. Yes, even when we are dishonest -- with ourselves and those around us -- He sees our responses. You think you can pretend, you can fool another, and maybe that is so on the outside. But inside, at the heart level, pretense fails. God sees all. 


Do I care what God sees? 

Do I want a personal, ongoing relationship with Him?

Do I want His peace, His blessings? 


Do I have time to give to the one who has time for me?

Do I thank Him for each day anew?

"Do not look at his appearance or his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." ~ I Samuel 16:7


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6