Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, February 5, 2016

Questions asked ... of God, of us -- Jan. 23 - 25

JANUARY 23

Have I accomplished anything worthwhile? 

Is the Lord unhappy with me? 

Where is my contentment? 

Why have I allowed circumstance to make me feel worthless? 

Where is my quiet and gentle spirit?  

Why do I feel I have fallen away? 

Where is my closeness to Jesus? 

What blessings can I give to another? 

If blessings are dependant upon our closeness to the Lord, its no wonder so many blessings are absent. 

If His strength and His power are mostly readily seen in my weakness, goodness should prevail. 

He says He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Why do I feel all is gone? 

Circumstances, activities of others bring me down. But God is still in control. God is still master of the universe. 

"Be strong and of good courage,do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the Lord your God, He is the one who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"Let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." ~ I Peter 3:4

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." ~ II Corinthians 12:9 

JANUARY 24

What treasure do I seek? 

What map do I follow to find the chest of hidden treasure? 

What do I hope to find? 

Do I follow the path of doing things my way, in my time, working toward a life of riches and luxury? 

Do I follow the path Jesus walked, going where He leads,being at peace no matter what the circumstances because I am close to Him all the time? 

Am  I willing to lose what God has given me to get what the world offers? 

Why do I act like I have it all together? 

Do I really believe I do? 

Have I found the treasure?

Is it under my nose? 

Do I fail to see it? 

Is my treasure peace in God or tribulation in the world? 

"... in Me you may have peace.In the world you will have tribulation." ~John 16:33

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ,and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fraqrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing." ~ II Corinthians 2:14-15

JANUARY 25

Do I  give God enough of my time? 

Who determines how much enough is? 

Do I come to Himfirst thing in the morning or does the Lord only get leftovers? 


Do I ever find time, make time? 

Where is my focus?  Is it on me, my perceptions of circumstances and events around me, my desires, my needs, my wants, my job, my friends and family? Me My Mine! 

Or is it on The Lord , His Way, His Truth, His Life?

Who do I follow?

Who do I obey? 


Who do I trust? 


Do I resist His leadership? 

Do I ry to help Him along? 

Or do I let Him set the pace? 

Do I think I can do everything better? 

How is my life filled --faith filled or failure filled? 

Have I learned anything from my time with Christ? 

AmI eager to returnto His side again? 

Do I hear Him throughout the day? 

Do I thank Him?

Do I hold His hand -- not literally, but in my mind? 

Are my steps light in childlike trust, as my day unfolds with Jesus guiding my way? 

"... Let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name." ~Hebrews 13:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6