Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Questions asked ... Feb. 14 - 17

FEBRUARY 14

What adventure awaits today? 

Every day can be an adventure. If we leave the day in God's capable hands instead of my own, which can jumble things up rather badly, it will be a joyous walk along the way. It may not be necessarily happy, but joy is not a component of happiness. Joy comes from the Lord. Happiness from our circumstances. 

How boldly will I walk? 

Will I remember the Lord, who is with me always, all along the path? 

Will I stumble and fail to return to the Lord's side, seeking His mercy and forgiveness? 

Why do I react more boldly than I ponder and then respond? 

Why do I become so distraught over comments made, believing they are made maliciously? 

Why do I struggle to forgive another? 

Do I feel I have not been forgiven? 

Abundant living is living on the positive side of life -- that no matter what may come, the Lord Jesus remains with me. I do not have to fall into traps of fear and worry, disheartened, dissatisfied, dismayed, disillusioned. God will lift me up, higher than the highest mountain. 

Trust. 
Help me Lord to trust You throughout my day, to face problems that come instead of anticipating and dreading them. 

Why have I forgotten the reminder? 

"... let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." ~ Hebrews 12:2-3

" For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' " ~ Isaiah 41:13

FEBRUARY 16

How can my limitations, my weaknesses be liberating?

How does it strengthen me? 


"Be silent, all flesh, before the Lord." ~ Zechariah 2:13a 

"In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." ~ Isaiah 30:13 

FEBRUARY 17 - Worship

Who do I worship? 

Is it the Living God who reigns above the heavens and in my heart? 

Is it some other deity I've devised for myself? 

Do I believe a relationship with the Lord Jesus is paramount or do other things take precedence? 

Do I fear change? 

Do I want things the way they are even if they are not the best for me? 

What specifically does it mean - "old things passing away?"

What is the old?


Could it be relatively recent and still be old? Or is it more my distant past? 


Am I resisting the Lord's work within me? 

Am I clinging to old ways and sameness? 

What are the old ways I cling to? 

Where do I go for my security? 

Is it focused on the Almighty God or is it my paycheck or my spouse or my physical or emotional well-being? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6