Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Today ... what do you see?

Today is Tuesday. Yesterday was Monday. There was no mail yesterday. Of course I checked the mail box anyway. Yesterday was Columbus Day. Is that considered a holiday too? I thought Columbus Day was Oct. 12. This is week two of twinges of pain in my right wrist. I'm sure I'm supposed to learn something from God, but I haven't figured out exactly what yet. Sometimes I wear a brace, but the brace doesn't really help. Nothing helps it. Not even the arthritis medicine. Time will heal it. Until then, its terribly painful, painful to type, to write, to hold anything. Yesterday morning, when only God saw me, I cried it hurt so bad. Maybe patience, endurance is what I am to learn.

When people observe your life, do they see the love of Christ? ... Well, I wonder.
I wonder what people see about my life. I wonder if anyone would tell me. I wonder if I really want to know. What do you see in me? What I see and what I wish to be seen, it's not the same.

"...quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to get angry. Your anger can never make things right in God's sight." (from James 1:19-20)

"For if you just listen and don't obey, it is like looking at your face in a mirror but doing nothing to improve your appearance. You see yourself, walk away and forget what you look like. But if you keep looking steadily into God's perfect law - the law that sets you free - and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it." (James 1:23-25)

My goal is to be obedient to the Lord's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6