Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Not today

No thought-provoking comments today. Just a regular day, although some regular days seem so "same-o - same-o." You know what I mean? Same thing day in, day out. I'm ready for a bit of variety ... a little spice.

I had to order some products online, but considering the funds that are dwindling in the checking account, I really wasn't sure how much of anything I was going to order. I did order one thing that we'll be out of before the week's over, and this is Wednesday. Should have ordered it on Monday or last week even. But oh no, that didn't happen. The other item, I got so far as the checking out page and then decided to scrap the whole thing. Wait until the right time. Which might be next payday. Or it might be tomorrow. It does not appear to be today.

On Monday, the property tax statements that are generally due Sept. 1 with a grace period of Oct. 1, arrived in the mail. The statements were delayed because of the June floods. It was one of the few good things resulting from the disastrous floods; for many, it provided more time to come up with the funds, unless of course you pay your property taxes monthly with your mortgage. We don't. Hence, every six months, we fork over hundreds of dollars to the county treasurer. Ours went up $7.52 from last year. Next year it will probably be considerably more.

I remember asking God to help us pay our property taxes. Enable us to pay them. And then I left it there. I did not always used to do this. I would stew about it, you know, fret, worry. I try not to go there as much. It's distressing, it causes stress. I don't handle stress well. I can't imagine anyone does. So I left it with God for the most part. He did come through. He always does. We just have to have faith that He will do what He says he will do. We have to have patience. We have to learn that waiting, yet doing, is the best thing to do.

Property taxes are due Oct. 31. The penalty starts Nov. 1. We'll have the money on the 31st and we'll be among many (I'm guessing) who will be standing in line at the treasurer's office at Westdale Mall. Maybe I should plan to bring a chair or food to eat.

It would be so nice if we could pay yearly what we now pay every six months. Jim and I often talk about moving, retiring to Hannibal, Mo. It's not exactly a retirement resort community, but it is a place we both enjoy. Missouri in general, Hannibal specfically because that is home to Hannibal-LaGrange College, where Jim is an alumni.

This year Jim celebrates 30 years since graduating from HLG. And this year HLG celebrates 150 years since it was founded as LaGrange College in LaGrange, Mo. We plan on attending reunion festivities in early November.

Well, I have some other putzing around to do. Nothing outstanding. Talk to you all next time. Tomorrow maybe. I've had two cups of tea. Have a good day in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6