Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, October 2, 2008

This and that

I seem to have a lot on my mind today. This is my third post in an hour. When I was looking up the word dissipation in the dictionary, I came across a book I had never seen before and decided it must belong to my husband. The title: "Light From Many Lamps." It's a compilation of thoughts and sayings by famous people through the ages, edited and with commentary by Lillian Eichler Watson, copyright 1951.

For example, from Abraham Lincoln: "Without Divine assistance I cannot succeed; with it I cannot fail."

Arnold Bennett: "You wake up in the morning, and lo! your purse is magically filled with twenty-four hours -- the most precious of possesions."

Mary Pickford: "There is always another chance ... This thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

I'll have to read more of this book.
~~~~~
It really irks me when I get phone calls from people who have no clue who they are calling. They don't know how to pronounce your name, so they add letters. My thinking, if you don't know how to pronounce my name, first and last, I don't know how to find time to talk to you. So thank you and good-bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6