Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, October 31, 2008

Choosing

Today is Halloween, the last day of the month, and pay day for both Jim and I. I haven't written much all week. The computer was giving me fits (virus invaded a week-and-a-half ago), so I asked Jim to reformat the hard drive yesterday afternoon, which he did. It runs much better now; probably partly due to there not being much on it. But I'll be adding more as days go by.

Today's devotional reading in Our Daily Bread was titled "Who is your God?" But before reading it I peeked ahead to Nov. 4, which being election day was appropriately titled "Choosing Our Leader." Scripture was taken from Joshua 24:14-15, which says: "Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve..."

So, you know, God is in charge. He has been all along, whether we acknowledge it or not. I've seen buttons that say "I vote the Bible." My plan is to vote, make my voice heard, and no matter who is elected president, to continue to serve and follow Jesus.

As for "Who is your God?" there is only one true God. There are many false gods, imaginary gods, but only one true ONE.

I came across notes from a sermon I think my husband gave one time - there were 4 points.
1. Only 1 Truth - Jesus is the son of God. All views can not be right at the same time. People can not make up their own truth.
2. Only 1 Savior - Jesus is the only way to salvation. If you believe in Jesus you will spend eternity with Him. Other religions are alietists; they require something to have. Jesus is available to everyone, to all. You can get through to God via Jesus.
3. Only 1 basic problem with humanity - SIN. It is demonstrated from your own heart. Sins makes us guilty of judgement.
4. Only 1 solution for Sin - Jesus' life for our lives. An atonement, the perfect sacrifice. Jesus loves us enough to die for us.

Who is your God and who is your leader?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6