Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, October 21, 2005

Poetic beauty

I have been reading Psalm 119 for weeks. It has many, many verses - 176 to be exact, and I read 129-136 today. I want to share it with you today from the New King James version of the Bible.
"Your testimonies are wonderful; Therefore my soul keeps them. The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple. I opened my mouth and panted, For I longed for Your commandments. Look upon me and be merciful to me, As Your custom is toward those who love Your name. Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me. Redeem me from the oppression of man, That I may keep Your precepts. Make Your face shine upon Your servant, And teach me Your statutes. Rivers of water run down from my eyes, Because men do not keep Your law."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6