Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, October 24, 2005

About God ... the lies and the TRUTH

Maybe you think there are no lies you believe about God. Well think again. Here are some you may have thought about at one time or another.

  • God is not really good
  • God doesn't love me
  • God is just like my father
  • God's ways are too restrictive
  • God should fix my problems

I have believed God doesn't love me from time to time. But He does. And He's not like my earthly father. My father left when I was young. The Lord is always there for me. We are the ones who leave.

Think about what lies you have believed. There's probably more than are listed here. And once you've AGREED with God about these lies, ACCEPT responsibility for them and AFFIRM the truth and then ACT on that truth.

Truths I found for myself are:

  • God's love for me is infinite and unconditional
  • I don't have to perform to earn God's love or favor
  • God always has my best interests at heart
  • God is exactly wht He has revealed Himself to be in His word
  • God is infinitely more wise and loving than any earthly father could ever be
  • No matter what problem I am facing, God's grace is sufficient for me

Get out your Bible and read these verses:

  • Psalm 100:5
  • Psalm 23
  • Psalm 124
  • Romans 8:28-39

Think about what these verses reveal to you about the character of God and His heart toward His children.

I realized that I knew the Lord is good; His mercy lasts forever; His truth endures to all generations; the Lord is all - guide, protector, constant companion; the Lord watches over me at all times. He is ever waiting and watching; All things work together for good to those who love God. God is in control at all times.

Knowing the truth about God and living the truth about HIM is the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6