Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, October 24, 2005

Old and new

Our Sunday School class is studying Ephesians. Today's reading is from Ephesians 4:22-24:
"that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in righteousness and true holiness."

I read that and it reminded me of the the many ways Satan digs into our minds and makes us think things that aren't true. We hear something and instead of bringing to mind all that God has said through His word, we dwell on the untruths and then believe and act on them.

How stupid! I'm right up there. I was saved, I am saved, I am a child of God, therefore, what was my old former self has been renewed. But if we don't live in the new, if we don't renew our minds ... our way of thinking, we haven't really put off that former conduct and we are living in bondage to sin, to Satan.

The way we live reveals what we believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6