Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, October 31, 2005

Knowing Jesus

Knowing Jesus is a lifelong process for His followers. It is not a simple thing. Attending church or "walking down the aisle" will not get you there. "There" is a walk with Him through life, talking with Him, reaching out to Him always, everywhere, praising Him, worshipping Him.

Knowing Jesus is a very personal thing. It's not head knowledge, because having information about something doesn't mean you are doing anything with it. It's a heart knowledge based on faith. It's an overwhelming sensation of love for Jesus, who died for me. Jesus Loves Me! I spent a long time arguing with myself over that. I couldn't understand how Jesus could love me. I am very undeserving, yet He loves me. He always loves me. He doesn't always love what I do, which I fear shows I do not always love Him. If I did, I do not think He would be unhappy with any of my actions. I am striving to live in His truth and not make up lies or falsehoods along the way. Like I said its a lifelong process.

Knowing Jesus is satisfying and exciting. The Bible, His word, is filled with exciting morsels of truth. The more you read, the more you want to know and the more you want to share with others. I do that through my Web site, Windows To Christian Ministries ... in Iowa and through this blog.

Knowing Jesus is having a song in your heart and a smile on your face ... no matter what. Sometimes that's hard. We think our tough times are the worst. But they're not. Afterall, Jesus went to the cross for us. He died for us. He died to give us life. Through thick and thin, Jesus is there for us. Where are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6