Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Birthdays

Today is nearly over. But its still Sunday, Oct. 16. Today is Beanne's birthday. She'd be 90-something. She and my mom were friends, went to college together ... back in the 1930s. A lifetime ago. They went to Coe College ... how that campus has changed. They actually have a campus and it is really pretty. Beanne was always silly and I remember her telling me I was too and not to ever lose it. Having humor is important in life. Sometimes it helps you get through the painfully difficult times.

I was reading a blog (before I decided to write this) of someone who was reminiscing about his dad who died 14 years ago. My mom died nine years ago last month. I think of the day of her going home every year, about a month or a week before the actual date. There are so many times I wish she was here, to talk with and do stuff with. But she is in a better place (heaven) and although I still miss her, one day I'll be with her and we can talk to our hearts' content.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mother was a very special lady. And I miss he too. When you reminded me about taking her Christmas shopping, brought back a very special memory. Thank you for that.


    Love,

    Your jimmy

    ReplyDelete

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6