Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

My prayer today

Dear Lord,
So many turmoils twirling about. I can feel them churning; they take over my mind and I become obsessed with wondering what and how I could have done things differently. If I should have done something another way. I strive to stay connected to you, yet I am disjointed, fearful of outcomes.

There are many fearful. Not just me. Much anxiety is apparent everywhere and fun and relaxation has almost become the dream we desire.

I feel I am being drawn away from you. I don't want to be. Help me Lord to abide with you. I am unable to remember all of your truths, all of your promises all the time under my own single-engine power. I need you always, nearby, reminding me of who you are and who I am in you.

Guard my thoughts Lord, my speech. Bring me peace Lord.

I am so weary ... as are so many others. Help me to continue on, to endure all that is before me. To resist when necessary, to not give in, to never give up. ... unless it be your will. Rejuvenate me Lord. Bring me rest and peace.

In your name I make these petitions. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6