Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, January 26, 2009

God alone

So easy to fall away from where you should be, where you know you should be. Even fellow Christians can bring you down if they themselves are caught up in the overwhelming flood of fear that is running rampant.

If we remember God's truths, if we stay tuned to Him alone I believe we can stay above all of the tension and unsureness that exists in the workplace. I strive to stay focused on God. God allows tests to come in to our lives. The tests are to teach us some new truth about Him, and about ourselves. To come through the test, to succeed, we must act solely on faith, trusting that what God says, God will do. He will provide.

When we stop believing and trusting that God will provide, and I'm not speaking generally here, but very specifically provide for us - when we stop believing/trusting that, we have removed God from His throne in the center of our being, our heart, we have removed Him from the leadership position, we have pushed Him aside and put ourselves in the control seat.

We grow concerned with the immenseness of the situation. We don't want to be the "guinea pig" of the business world. We don't want to start over. We don't want to have to take a reduction in pay. We don't want to bid for jobs that a fellow co-worker and friend may also bid for. We want unity. We want success. But at what price?

I must leave God where He is. I must not ever presume I know more than He does and that whatever I do it is the best for me. I never know that. Only God knows what is best for me. He has brought me far. My relationship with Jesus grows with each passing moment. I don't ever want to be the cause of a rift in our relationship. I want it to grow and grow and grow, continually.

"For He himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' " - Hebrews
13:5a

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -- John 14:27

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." -- John 15: 4-5

When I listen to those around me, all the negativity, the mind game of "what if, what now, what will I do?" becomes of top importance. God tells us not to go there, but to stay focused on today, to take one day at a time.

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." -- James 4:8a

Help me Lord to stay true to you, to now allow the pressures of today's world to cause me to lose sight of you. Help me Lord to seek you out for every event, every circumstance. Help me not to rely on me, but on You in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6