Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The day before yesterday ...

The day before Yesterday ...

The
adrenalin
rush
The
excitement
The
nervousness ...
For Nothing
All for nothing,
to
no avail.
It didn't
happen.

What
a
BUMMER.
Definitely.

Questions.
Thousands
upon
thousands
of
questions
remain
Pounding
in
my
head.

Searching.
Why Lord?
You knew.
Why
didn't I?
Sometimes
it seems
it takes
a lifetime
and
then
we still
have
no
answers.

Sleep.
I want
to sleep --
past the pain
past the turmoil
past the regrets.
Sleep
is
all
I want.

Perseverance ...
testing ...
stay near ...
abiding ...
To learn
Through it all.

I wish
the
struggles
would end.
Just end.

God knows
what
it is
I don't want.
He knows
what
I do want
too.

And
He knows
what is
the
ultimate
best
for me.

What do You want me to do Lord?

I can only imagine.

No.
That I probably know.
Abide in Me,
He says.
Stay beside me,
He says.
Right here
with Me.
Don't falter behind
Don't go on ahead
Walk with Me,
and I,
He says,
will be
with you always.

I will show you
The way
I want you to go,
He says.

Follow Me. Just follow Me.

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." -- John 15: 7

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." -- John 15:16

"... without Me you can do nothing." -- John 15: 5

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world." -- John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6