Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Make us right again

"10 Create in me a clean (pure) heart; O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your holy spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation (grant me a willing spirit), And uphold me with Your generous Spirit. 13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You." (Psalm 51:10-13, NKJ)

Make us right again. This we can't do for ourselves, but God can. Verse 12 is not an indication that those born-again can lose their salvation as some believe, but a plea to the Lord that the joy we once had will be restored to us. When we are unfaithful in serving the Lord through sharing of The Word, it is because of sin in our lives. When sin is central to our lives, it wipes out any spiritual work and there will be no blessings from our Lord and Savior. We need to deal with the sin plaguing us. Our Lord and Savior needs to sit on the throne of our heart always and forever.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6