Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, September 13, 2010

in whatever state I am

The apostle Paul said, "I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content." (Philippians 4:11) I remember one time asking my mom what happiness was to her and she said, "a state of mind."

I'm thinking I am not yet content in whatever state I am in, because if I was, isn't it reasonable to think I would have no worries, no fears, no concerns that get the best of me? I know where to put my fear and I know that if I spend my time worrying and fretting I am not trusting God to take care of things. I know this in my head and in my heart. I know "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) Christ will provide me with the strength needed to do whatever it is His will to do. He has, He will continue to do so. When I focus on me, there is no strength. I have none, I have nothing, without Him. He alone will carry me through, to the very end, of all and everything I am to do.

Settle in, get comfy, pull up your Bible, read the Good Book, the best book, His book, study His word, listen to His instructions, to His still small voice guiding you, be still and listen and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6