Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Today is .... what?

Today is I think Thursday, but it seems like Saturday. It's been a strange week. Holidays help that feeling along. Last weekend I had Friday and Saturday off, worked Sunday; then had Labor Day off (a rarity); then I worked Tuesday and Wednesday. And now I have today (in exchange for working this Saturday) and Friday off.

Today's agenda was being cold, wet, damp, crummy. But outside of that, it was a nice day. My husband Jimmy had the afternoon off from work, so he and I spent it together, walking around at the mall, and just enjoying being together. Then we came home. We were going to attend a high school football game this evening at Kingston Stadium between C.R. Washington and whoever, but the weather dampened that idea considerably and we didn't go. Besides the sophomore game was cancelled. Another time we'll try.

So I made some hot tea and called a couple of friends. Spent two hours on the phone chatting. It was most enjoyable. A good day for visiting, ... and playing games. Jimmy and I had leftover pizza for supper and then played dominos and Rack-o. It seems to never fail, he must cheat (not really), but we played seven games of dominoes, and he won the first four! Then we played Rack-o, a card game of sorts, and of the three games played, I only won the second one. It's just luck. He doesn't cheat, but I always say he does.

And now its after 9 p.m., how fast the day has gone by. I feel I have not accomplished much, but perhaps I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6