Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A godly life

1 Peter 2:12 says, "Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors. Even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will believe and give honor to God when he comes to judge the world."

The most powerful testimony is a godly life.

Am I ungodly? I am unworthy. I was once ungodly. I was once among those who do not call you Lord Father, whose aim in life is to follow their own whims and desires. The journey we travel is sometimes short, out before we start; sometimes long and winding. We all travel a different route. We each have different opinions, sometimes, perhaps more frequently than we should, those opinions are voiced too loudly, not thinking about what we're saying.

The political arena doesn't much interest me. I tend to watch from the sidelines, then make my choices. To back someone when nearly everyone around you is criticizing that very person or team makes you want to cower in a corner. I hear my husband frequently say, "Why would anyone want to run for public office, to be criticized about every little thing all along the way. Taking everything out of context." Why indeed.

I have a blog, two actually. The first one I started in 2005 and hardly anyone read it. Still I voiced my thoughts, my feelings, my prayers. The second one I started this year. And I have readers - no one comments on it, but I know its read. Plus its linked to http://www.gazetteonline.com/ The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Readers know where I stand.

I read the "Our Daily Bread" (http://www.rbc.org/) devotional. Sometimes I have read other devotionals. Each offers insights, reminders. Sometimes the short devotional study develops into a longer Bible study - of a specific word or thought. I've found Jesus' teachings in parables to be rather interesting. The longer I walk with Christ the more I get an inkling of what he's teaching ... what the symbolism he uses means. It is exciting.

I hope I do not offend anyone. However, because I am human, I probably will. And because of what I believe, I probably will. That's just the way it is. I'm not going to reneg, back down just because you don't like it.

Am I ungodly? I accepted Christ as my savior, I am one of His children. The route I have chosen, to follow Christ, is under construction. My hope, in the end, is He will be pleased with me.

"If God be for me, who can be against me?" No one. No one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog, Cathy. My wife and I also read "Our Daily Bread" as our primary devotional.

    John M.

    ReplyDelete

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6