Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, September 1, 2008

Reminders

My favorite verse in the Bible is from Proverbs 3: 5-6. I use it on nearly all of my E-mail correspondence and have it placed various other places as well. This morning I decided to review past journal entries of this year. Of course I came across that verse again. It reminded me of what I should be doing and what I should not be doing. God is in control at all times. Not us. Not me. We may think we have it all together, but that's far from true. I get frustrated. It dawned on me yesterday, last night, that in all likelihood, God knew something I didn't. Of course. He knows what's going on. He knows where things are going. Just because we don't doesn't mean a darn thing. Things don't go the way we think they should. We think we know everything. How stupid can we be? I need to rely on God, on the Lord Jesus at all times, not just occasionally, but always. In good times, sad times, happy times, difficult times.



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding,
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will direct your paths."



When I keep my focus on Jesus, I see how He provides for our needs, all our needs. There is no usefulness to be found when we carry our doubts and fears around with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6