Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, September 13, 2008

A prayer

Dear Lord,
I am blessed you came into my life, turned me around, surrounded me with loving Christian people to teach me your ways and to grow in closer fellowship with you.


I thank you for your love for me.


I pray for all those who are afflicted this day - in addition to Jim and I - because there are many. Afflictions vary. We often wish they would just go away. But that's not always possible. Sometimes the affliction is there to help us learn something about our life - with you, or possibly without you, and thus our need for you.


I pray you will enable us to make the property tax payment due. $800 something and we need an additional $300. Through you this payment has been realized the last two times. Help me with my unbelief. I am fearful. Help me to rely totally on you, to not jump the gun, to know what to do and when.


Help me Lord to NOT move out ahead of you, thinking I alone have the answers. I do not. My answers are never quite enough. My reasoning is based on being human. There is more to life than breath.


Help me Lord with my struggles. Keep my fears beyond reach, be with me always, be my constant companion, my Father, the Father I never really had fully here on Earth.


In your precious name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6