Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Consider your ways!"

Today's Scripture brought me to Haggai 1 : 2-7. In verses 5 and 7, the Lord says, "Consider your ways!" (New King James version) or "Consider how things are going for you." (New Living Translation)

We say one thing - we say the time isn't here to do this or that for the Lord. We don't really know. How are we to know what is, when is time. Only the Lord knows. He tells us, but we don't listen well.

Verse 6 (NJK version) says,
"You have sown much, and bring in little;
You eat, but do not have enough;
You drink, but you are not filled with drink;
You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm;
And he who earns wages, earns wages to put into a bag of holes."

Look to the Lord always, center your focus on Him and Him alone, don't veer off to this or that, don't think too heavily on other things that only distract you, keep you away from the one true focus. It is hard. Sometimes when it is hard it is easy to stay focused; other times that is not so true. We all have struggles. My struggles may not seem as big or as important to you as your struggles, but that matters little. Anything and everything is important to the Lord.

The more I study the Bible the more I see how it is all woven together. It is not separated, mixed up, jumbled. It flows smoothly. My life is jumbled, in disarray. But with the Lord in control ... when I allow the Lord to take the reigns of my life to lead me, I will be able to overcome all that pains me. The struggles may still be apparent, but they won't rule over me. God will be in control. The hurdles will not be so cumbersome. God will be in control. God is in control. I am not ... no matter how much I think I am. I only falter. God must be. Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6