Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, December 22, 2008

What is on your (Christmas) list?

What do you want for Christmas? I know its only three days away. There are many who have already purchased gifts. There are just as many who have no funds to purchase anything let alone gifts. Christmas is not just for kids, Christmas is not just about getting.

This morning I was thinking of The List. The List kids work on for days, weeks ahead so Santa will know what they want and be able to get it. There are times though when there is nothing Santa can do. Sometimes the things on our list are beyond what Santa can possibly provide.

We can still ask, but not from Santa. Perhaps it is a prayer to God.

I was thinking of all the things I would like for Christmas this year. Some might seem like New Year's goals or distant dreams. Maybe so. Maybe they were on a list of long ago. Maybe not.

But here is my list ... in no particular order:
  • A child in our midst ... special needs or not
  • Contentment with whatever I have whenever I have it
  • Unwavering faith and trust in my Lord and Savior
  • Conscious awareness of Jesus always all around me so I am able to live and work peaceably with all and remain obedient to Him alone
  • To not continually put my foot in my mouth, i.e.,, say things that come out wrong
  • Eat those foods that are good for me, useful in preventing diseases/illnesses
  • Enjoy sweets in smaller quantities
  • Lose 25 pounds
  • Extra funds, beyond enough for everyday expenses, to give to those less fortunate
  • Truly meaningful relationships with family members
  • Additional funds in our savings account for those unplanned emergencies
  • Pain-free
  • No debt
  • A week-long, relaxing worry-free vacation
  • To help enable my husband to obtain his master of divinity degree and achieve a longtime desire to become a hospice chaplain
  • To be able to retire gracefully
  • To bring others to Christ
  • Go on short-term mission trips
  • Become a Southern Baptist Disaster Relief volunteer
  • Being grateful for all I have in every circumstance
  • A pair of shoe skates
  • Travel to Pennsylvania and Germany for genealogy research
  • A well-received online Christian business through which others come to know Jesus Christ
"To Everything there is a season, A time for every purpose (or desire) under heaven." - Ecclesiastes 3:1

God is in control over all... Whatever the time, the season, God knows all... God is.

What is on your list? Respond here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6