Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Innocence

Innocence means having no sin.
Innocence exists until we reach the age of accountability.
A newborn is innocent

I was thinking
I was
innocent
of countless things
but
then
I couldn't
think
of what
they were.

I knew
I was
guilty
of many
many more
things.

My guilt
could
keep me
from
moving forward
from growing
from seeking
new paths
discovering
exploring
dreaming.

I struggle
within
that the guilts I carry
do not become
more
than I can bear

But I
have
Jesus
and
He
has set
me free

My burdens
are
His
burdens
and
thus,
my load
is light.

"Come to Me, all you who labor (or are weary) and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly (or humble) in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." -- Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6