Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"their heart was hardened"

Faith in Christ will keep us steady in the stormy sea of change.

I have faith.
I believe You will provide.
Why do I continue to have such fear, such anxiety
Every morning
Every moment
Satan causes me to wonder.

Remember
God's always telling me
to
Remember.

Truths.
Who I am.
That I am.
The Beginning - Alpha
The End - Omega
The In between

He is there.
Remember the truths.
Meditate on what is true.
I am with you the Lord tells me.

Peace will come to you
IF
you abide with Me.
You must abide with Me,
in Me,
not in the world,
not in, not with Satan.

Today's devotional led me to Mark 6: 45-52 in which Jesus walks on water to save His disciples who were caught in a windstorm while out in their boat n the middle of the Sea of Galilee. The last verse, "for they had not understood about the loaves, because their heart was hardened," presented me with another one of those "aha" moments.

We can be in the midst of God, reading and studying His word, abiding with Him, yet we can also not understand all that is within. Jesus' disciples were with Him for three years, yet there were many times they did not understand. They saw it. They heard. But did not comprehend.

"their heart was hardened" ... so comprehension comes suddenly. We read a passage for years, we think we know what it says, and then all of a sudden it becomes so very clear to us. Like the passage from 1 Corinthians 13:12 says, "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then I shall know just as I also am known."

Comprehension, understanding, comes over time. We do not know all there is instantanteously and we never know all until we see Jesus face to face.

God is in charge. Not me. Please Lord help my unbelief. Bring me peace. Keep my mind set always on you. Do not let, do not allow me to venture off your path. In you is security. Safe and secure ... me and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6