Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Knowing...believing...feeling...trusting...loving...doing

If (since) I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord by faith unseen, believing that He is, that He came, that He died for me, my very soul, that He was buried and rose again, that I too am re-born because of all He did for Me on that cross, why oh why would it be so hard to accept and believe everything that He says to me, that He shows me in His word, in His still small voice, or in His powerful, forceful booming voice? He is all around me, in every corner and crevice.

The Lord Jesus is my salvation and more.

He is the rest of the relationship I seek, that I find missing in my day-to-day existence. He is the one I can share my innermost thoughts, the ones I don't necessarily write down in my journal or publish on my blog for the whole world to see. He sees my fears, my pain, my desires, my needs.

He sees way more than I ever see or even dream of seeing. He knows the end from the beginning and all that is in between.

I'm not very good at waiting for answers. Hurry up and wait. Waiting ... in prayer, or in dread. Waiting ... endlessly ... silently.

The Lord will provide. He is my all in all. He is all I need in all of life. As long as I have Jesus living within me, in my heart, as long as I listen to Him, as long as I look to Him for my everything, He will bring to me that which I need and when I need it.

After all, He brought me Jimmy.

He will bring me through difficulties ... financial, health, accidents. He will be with me. He is with me.

The Lord is my salvation. Without Jesus I have no eternal hope.

The Lord is my provider, my enabler, my Father, my confidante. Without a relationship with Jesus, my longings go unfulfilled.

The Lord has brought many friends my way, providing meaning, understanding, learning, love.


The 23rd psalm
"The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down
in green pastures;
He leads me
beside the still waters.

He restores my soul;
He leads me
in the paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk
through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table
before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me
all the days of my life;
And I will dwell
in the house of the Lord
Forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6