Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, December 12, 2008

JOY

Dear Lord,

J-O-Y

JESUS. Thank you for coming to Earth, for bringing ... for being the gift ... of love for me and everyone. The love that surpasses, is above all we know. The gift of love you bring was brought about through first your birth, but ultimately your death, burial and resurrection.
Thank you Lord Jesus for following the will of your Father, being obedient even when you would rather have done otherwise.

OTHERS. There are many others. Friends, family, acquaintances. All known by you, but not all, certainly and unfortunately know you. To know you is much more than head knowledge. It comes from the heart. For some, their heart is just stone cold. The love they have is for the immediate, for what is seen, felt. It doesn't go beyond. It is sad.
The names. You alone know them. Any I list is incomplete.

YOU, YOURSELF. Me. I remember when I stay in your word, think on whatsoever you have to say to me, the rest of life does not seem to matter near as much. It was just the other day, actually it was two weeks ago on Dec. 4 that I was dwelling in the land of fear. That day Philippians 4:8 came to my mind. Think on what is true, what is real, not on the 'what if's.'
Remember God's Truths, not 'what you think may happen,' not 'but how will I make it.' It is God who will enable it to happen. It is me (and you) who must abide in Him, be obedient to Him, follow Him.
It is never easy.
Today is pay day. The total is less than it was 2 weeks ago, which was less than the amount 2 weeks before that.
God can enable everything to come together. We must believe He will do as He says, then be obedient to His instruction, His leadership. Without Him, we do flounder; worry sets in ... that is where Satan wants us. But definitely not where God desires us.
He will provide. God knows my left arm and hand is hurting, just like He knew when my skin was so dry it itched horrendously. When I do not stay focused on the pains of myself or loved ones or anyone, but on Him, then He will enable me to do the desires of my heart and the purposes He has for me.

Talk. Many think that's just talk. But its not. It's experiences lived through and brought to mind to teach us, remind us that God is there. And if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He dwells within your heart as the Holy Spirit. He listens to you. He shares your pain. He loves you. He is always present. It is us who move away and become disillusioned and question what is right, what is wrong, where am I, where am I going, who am I? God knows all.

Won't you give your life to Christ? Won't you begin anew a new road, a new chapter, a new you?

He is. And You can be.

In all these things I pray in your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6