Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, December 5, 2008

A day in the life of Me

Today is my first of four days off from work.

Yesterday I just did not get around to writing anything here. I spent almost three hours in the morning studying Bible passages in Philippians and John and elsewhere. It was 10:30 when I glanced at the clock and decided I had better take a bath and get lunch started.

Early today, I had an appointment with the optometrist, which included having my eyes dilated, so needless to say I wasn't in any (good) mood to do much of anything after I got home. My sunglasses were not dark enough to fight off the overly bright sunlight outdoors and indoors I wanted to hide behind closed drapes.

This afternoon Jim and I had other appointments and errands to run - he had a bone density scan, and in the process discovered he had shrunk 2 inches. But we're not going to tell anybody. So if you see it here, just don't mention it. He's still 6-1. I still have to look up to him... I'm probably shrinking too. Shrinking Violet.. ha ha. Then we picked up our free turkey at St. Luke's Hospital - all employees are provided a free turkey or ham or gift certificate. It's nice management does that for its workers.

Then off to battle some more traffic to get the grocery shopping done and the gas tank filled in the car. It's so nice to top the tank at $25 or less! At the grocery store (we shop at Aldi's) there was a blue van with the name Casual Van on it. It looked pretty casual, probably a V-8 gas guzzler. Strange.

When we got home and put the groceries away, Jim made supper and we played a new word game, Across Words. That was fun. Then I was going to make Candy Cane Fudge and he was going to crush the candy canes for me. Unfortunately he not only crushed them, he pulverized them. To say the least, I was not a happy camper. He went out and bought 50 miniature candy canes. These we had to take off the individual wrappers. That wasn't a fun process either. He didn't remember making this particular fudge last year. But we did. I found the original recipe and think it was published in The Gazette in 2005. Been nice if we could remember how we crushed those stupid candy canes last year. Otherwise, we may not be making candy cane fudge very regularly. Probably a good idea anyway, very sweet.

I put together a typewritten (computer) recipe collection of our favorites and its amazing it has managed to come together without complete disaster. If it was for someone else it would have to be perfect. As it is its a long way from perfect. But its easier to read and it won't fall apart. And that's the main thing.

I may work on a draft copy of our Christmas letter tomorrow. That would be day two. Last year we had printed our final copy on Nov. 25. Gee, I wonder what the hangup is this year. It's been a different year in many many ways. Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings. We have plans for tomorrow. We'll see what God has in mind.

So, think I'll have a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6