Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I want

If you like fudge, come on over. We have made three batches - two kinds of chocolate and candy cane. I have some every day, although that is not particularly healthy or wise. Of course since when has that stopped anybody from doing something stupid? I have next week off, the whole week, so I may not be on here very much. Never know. God may have something else in mind. I have been wondering about some things, what to do, and so far I haven't heard a reply. Perhaps I am not listening well enough. I don't know. I imagine the answer will come to me at the right time. Only God knows the right time for everything.

I found John 5:19-23 to be an interesting read this morning.
Jesus is speaking. "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do, for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
"For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel.
"For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.
"For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
"that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

If you do not honor Jesus as God's son, respect Him in all ways, then you do not honor God the Father.
God and Jesus are one. What God says, Jesus does. If you do not believe Jesus is born of God and man, then you also do not believe God is all He says He is. You do not believe in creation. You are floundering. You are sinking.

John 5:30 says, "I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is righteous, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the Father who sent Me."

Accurate through and through. I can do nothing by myself, except fail. I can do that well. I want to do, I want to live, I want to do, I want to conquer, I want to fulfill and be fulfilled, I want to love and be loved. I want all that God wants of me and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6