Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

An honest talk with God

I talk to God regularly. I write letters, then I wait for His answer. I don't usually share my letters to the world. But they are my thoughts and whoever may read this may also find it useful.

Dear Lord,
So tired I am. Want to return to sleep. The item that causes me to be distressed remains on my mind. Distraught, angry. You know what I feel. Why?! What should I do about it - rise above it somehow. Don't know how.
Betrayed. The Lord alone can heal me. Continual thinking of the situation only causes more pain and anguish. This would be Satan's plan of action - to get my stomach in knots and move me away from God. That would not be wise. I cannot continually dwell on disturbing things. Show me Lord Jesus how to move my thought pattern to you and to not allow life's painful moments to get the best of me.
There are many individuals in this world who do not believe in you, let alone follow you. All across the globe. Not caring to what extent they may cause havoc to another. They don't want what you offer and so give it back, make it look like they accepted, but are not ... they are giving nothing, offering nothing. They are refusing, rejecting your gift. You said Lord, I remember reading it somewhere in your Holy word, that what they do to me (personally) they have first done to you.
I Peter 2 verses 4 and 7-8 says (New Living translation, paraphrased) Christ is the living cornerstone of God's temple. He was rejected by the people, but he is precious to God who chose him. He is very precious to you who believe. But for those who reject him, "He is the stone that makes people stumble, the rock that will make them fall." We who believe in Jesus are a chosen people. We "are called out of the darkness into his wonderful light to show others the goodness of God."

I Peter 2 verses 19 and 23 says "Do not retaliate. Do not threaten to get even."

Psalm 118:8 reminds us: "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

I am no better than you. I am, however, a child of the King, and so must live as such.

An honest talk with God is the first step in finding peace of mind. And God's peace is a slice of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6