Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ah, hindsight

We must not consider all of life based solely on ourselves. We must seek God's input, His will for each of us.

My thinking is not His thinking. My thinking can cause heartache, can get me and you and others in trouble.

Ah, hindsight. Don't you wish sometimes you had it a little sooner, so perhaps whatever you might say won't come back to haunt you? Learning is not easy. Hindsight is at least better than never seeing the error of your ways.

This morning as I was reviewing a handout taken from the book, "Loving God with All Your Mind" by Elizabeth George, I came across six points that could help us make decisions more wisely.

1. Will this cause me to compromise my character?

2. Could this put me in a potentially bad situation?

3. Could this hurt my influence with others?

4. Does this go against God's will? His word?

5. Will this draw me closer to God or further away?

6. Is it illegal, immoral or unethical?

Thoughts to definitely ponder upon.

And in Mark 8: 33a, when Jesus is speaking to Peter -- "Get behind Me Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men!" -- I am reminded how easy it is to remember me and forget God, and how that is not a good plan. Without God, I can do nothing, or that which I do do is foolishness. And I know well what foolishness I have given in to. Do not want to stay there. Want to be wise, stay focused on God, follow in His ways, not my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you so much. You give me REAL hope that there are REAL Christians and people that REALLY love God.

    I will change my outlook more, I have been so upset with the takeover of this EVIL ruler.

    I know how you must feel in Iowa. I live in NY, and before that, CA- and it was/is an ABOMINATION before God, and I HOPE soon that God DESTROYS this ALL, b/c I can see that it hurts him so terribly.

    ReplyDelete

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6