Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Time

Time is fleeting. Wish we could capture time, like the late Jim Croce wrote in the song Time in a Bottle.

I've been going through my journals of the past year so we can put together our Christmas letter. It is depressing. Of course I started with June because I couldn't immediately locate January. I should have looked harder. However January wouldn't necessarily have been any better. One disaster after another.

What made me decide to write something now was a note I made on July 8 that I thought I would share. Comments in parenthesis are additional thoughts:

"How would I live if I were alone, if Jimmy had gone on to be with you Lord? How would I live? What would be my desires - who would I listen to, who would I follow? Would I remain faithful to you o Lord? Would I follow my own path? Would I fall into a deep depression? Would I move away from here - this house, this town, my job? What would I do?

I'm not ready to find out Lord, not yet. (and still not yet. Would we ever be ready?)

Be with my beloved Jimmy, wrap him up in your arms, give him rest, comfort in the midst of all this stress.
(Continue to be with him, and I'd appreciate it ever so much if you would wrap me up too, give me rest and comfort.) We don't understand why this happened; (why, time and again) only that you have a reason for it. You are all knowing, all powerful. Help us to be, to continue to remain faithful to you and your promises, to rely on you for all, for everything, to thank you every step of the way. (Thank you for reminding me of your ever present presence.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6