Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Are you sure Lord?

Are you sure Lord I am okay?
I am where I am to be for this moment?
Probably not.
Always seeming to be unsure.
Always it seems
I look to what others see in me
and wonder if what they see is real
is what you Lord desire them to see
I fear I am not.
Not even among friends
or those I think are friends
do I feel secure in that friendship
Fearful
I should not care
I imagine
I should just move on.
Rely totally on you.
Perhaps I am not
I never feel good enough
I'm not good enough
I will never be good enough
But friendship is important is it not?

Tell me Lord what I should do.
I feel sometimes no matter what I do, it's not right.

How should I
How do I
rise above
all that I feel
all the remorse
and sadness I feel

It isn't where I want
to be.

How Lord
How

I don't know how.

.... I can choose
to dwell
on negative thoughts
or I can choose to dwell
on Godly thoughts.

The choice is always
ours alone to make.

I am because of God
because of who God is
and what He is

No matter how strong
another thinks he is
God is stronger
God is more powerful.
God is mightier
God is.

And because of God
I am

Not because of me
But because of Him
who is greater
than I will ever be.

That doesn't make me a failure
God doesn't make failures.
Only in our own minds,
when we dwell there
and become distraught,
disillusioned within
we think we are a failure
But not to God
To Him we are a work in proress.

Today's devotional
Flawed and Frail
reminds me
The Lord is not
looking for superheros
but rather those who are
frail and flawed.
That I am.
Through our frailness
and our flawedness
The Lord brings about strength and grace

Be willing
Be available
God will work in you
Through you
To reach another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6