Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Abide in Him

"As the Father loved me, I also have loved you; abide in My love." -- John 15:9

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." -- John 15:5

The Lord wants us to bear fruit. To do so, we must abide, dwell with Him, i.e., obey His commandments, study His word, meditate on all He says, listen intently, think on His goodness.

When we dwell on self, we cannot be fruitful. We are not abiding with Jesus, but rather ourselves.

S - Selfish ambition, selfish desires
E - Egotistical, ego-centered
L - Lacking wisdom
F - Foolish thinking

Help me Lord to remember to remember Your Truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6