Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

God hates the sin, but loves the sinner

God hates the sin, but loves the sinner. Human beings, it seems, hate the sin and the sinner. Christian or not, we do not follow the principles laid down by Jesus. I've seen it, and horrible as it is, I am sure I have been guilty of this. If we say we are not guilty, that we are sinless, then we are definitely not being honest or sincere. We're lying ... to ourselves and to God.

Psalm 140: 4-5 says: "Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; Preserve me from violent men, Who have purposed to make my steps stumble. The proud have hidden a snare for me, and cords; They have spread a net by the wayside; They have set traps for me."

Sometimes the wicked, the violent, the stumbler-makers, the net holders, the trappers are within the church. God sees all. We should not become so legalistic and proud that we miss what God is saying to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6