Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Persecution

Psalm 129, verse 2 says "Many a time they have afflicted (persecuted) me from my youth; Yet they have not prevailed against me."

We all have periods when we think we are being persecuted, Christian and non-Christian alike. But as Christians, IF we continue to abide in and with the Lord, praising and worshipping Him, those who strike against us will not prevail. It will wash off like rain drops, because the Lord is with thee. This reminds me of Job (who I am currently studying in Sunday School) and his "friends." It also brings to mind all those missionaries in foreign lands who are boldly reaching out to the lost in Jesus' name; those who are persecuted because of their beliefs, who face death daily. We Christians who live in America think we have it tough, but I think those many others have it far tougher. There is much we could learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6