Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Music, film, and ...

I love music. Thursday night my husband and I went to a jazz band concert to hear my nephew Jonathan perform. He plays the alto saxophone and the piano. He is almost 14 years old; has been playing piano since age 5 and this is his second year on the sax. He loves music and particularly jazz.
I like theater (movies/film inclusive) too and sometimes on televison I'll watch the International Film Festival. There are film festivals in Iowa (Tipton and Iowa City), but somehow I don't seem to get to them. Friday night our church (Immanuel Baptist) was hosting its first movie night ... and it was the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival. We saw 6 films, varying in length from 8 minutes to 55 minutes. They were excellent, some silly or ridiculous, but mostly great and a lesson to be learned in each. One of them, Bluestate - Tolerance for All, was a semi-finalist and featured music by church member and pianist Matt W., who is a homeschooled senior. If you haven't yet seen Bluestate, I urge you to check out the Web site, buy the DVD and show it in your home churches. We hear much lately about Christian prosecution everywhere. This movie shows how it could be here in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6