Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Restrain from evil

NOTE: This blog may soon no longer be visible through www.gazetteonline.com but that won't stop it from being published nor from me pursuing God's desires and sharing His words with my readers.

Thought for the Day: "You through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; For they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, Because I keep Your precepts. I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word." (Psalm 119: 98-101)

I may be wiser. I may have gained understanding. But if my obedience in following the Lord Jesus has faltered, I wonder just how much wiser I really am or how much understanding has been gleaned. Have I restrained myself from evil ways? ... in every way?

Prayer: I want, I desire to be able to say, "I have restrained myself from every evil way." Help me Lord to be mindful of things I do or say that could be construed as negative or harmful to another. If it is not good to say, then don't say it. Keep my thoughts pure, more on you and less on me. In your name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6