Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, July 17, 2009

Needs - God will supply

Thoughts for the Day:
"... For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him."
(Matthew 6:8)

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us ..." (Romans 8:26)

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)

We all have needs. Right off the top that which comes to mind are
the need for a job
the need for a place to live
the need for food
the need for people, companionship

Sometimes our needs become such an intense burden for us we forget about God and leave Him out of the picture all-together.

God created each of us. He knows us inside and outside. Therefore why wouldn't He also know our needs? Why would we think He didn't know?

When we move away from God we are settling for what we alone think! And that results in untruths or outright lies!

God knows we need a job, to earn an income to pay for endless necessary expenses.

God knows we need a place to live, a roof over our heads, warmth in winter, coolness in summer.

God knows we need food to eat, to refuel our bodies, to give us energy for each day.

God knows of our need for people, companionship.

To believe "I don't need a job," "I don't need a place to live," I don't need food to eat," I don't need people," because you in your own mind don't have those things, perhaps means you are not looking to God for the meeting of those needs.

Maybe we don't have specific preconceived needs met, but that doesn't mean the basic need doesn't exist.

When we talk with God regularly, listen and then follow through, He will show us ways for our needs to be met. When He is not front and center, in first place, within our hearts, we may never see the way out. We may become depressed. Depression is not a good place to be in, not even for a little while.

The Lord is my shepherd. ... my guide, my protector, my constant companion. With Him, I shall not want. ... my needs will be met as He sees them.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table
before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thy anointest my head with oil;
My cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I shall dwell
in the house of the Lord forever."
(Psalm 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6