Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Are you glad to be alive?

I felt it
everywhere --
the weakness
the washed-outness
the exhaustion
the cold.

Are you glad to be alive a friend asked

I could not find the answer

I thought ...
Am I glad to be alive?

If I am not
would I really be glad to be dead?

I think not.

To be dead
To be no more
To spend my days without
the Son shining upon me.

Dead to sin, dead to self
yes,
at home with Jesus
yes yes yes
in the eternal mansions
of heaven.

But would I be glad to be dead?

I think only
if it was
in God's time.

So to the question asked, Are you glad to be alive?
The answer is yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6