Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Statue of Liberty


In New York Harbor stands a lady
With a torch raised to the sky;
And all who see her know she stands
for Liberty for you and me.


I'm so proud to be an American,
To be named with the brave and free.
I will honor the flag and our trust in God,
And the Statue of Liberty.


On lonely Golgotha stood a cross,
With my Lord raised to the sky;
And all who kneel there live forever,
As all the saved can testify.

I'm so glad to be called a Christian
To be named with the ransomed and whole.
As the Statute liberates the citizen,
So the cross liberates the soul.

Oh, the Cross is my Statue of Liberty,
It was there that my soul was set free.
Unashamed I'll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my Statue of Liberty.
-- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6