Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, May 28, 2009

God's rainbow ... God's love

While I was reading my Bible this morning, I thought God was telling me about "love." And then I decided to go through His book and share one-line thoughts I had written on its pages through the years. Such as "love is the unsolicited giving of the best you have in behalf of another regardless of the response." But my continued search for "love thoughts" led me elsewhere ... to these thoughts:

Resentment destroys our peace. Resentment destroys our perspective.

Setting a goal is easy - seeing it through to the end is the true measure of success.

God sees the good in each of us even though we ourselves have trouble finding it and only see the wrong within.

Sin is rebellion against God's will. Sin is always a conscious choice.

If we don't examine our own shortcomings and try to do right, sinful behavior will follow. When you become angry, must learn to control the anger or channel it into positive results.



And a prayer I had written in the front pages: "Lord, lift my eyes, Open my heart, Touch others through me."

Looking for a particular Scripture passage, the Lord stopped me at Genesis 9:13, where it talks about "My rainbow in the cloud." The flood of all time had taken place and God was conversing with Noah.

I read verses 11 through 15:
"Thus I established My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said: This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations. I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; And I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; The waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh."

Never again would God send a flood of total destruction. There would be floods though, as we have seen. Here in our city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and Mississippi and Florida, tsunamis elsewhere. There is mass destruction, but we are still here. And the rainbow, God's rainbow, reminds us, or at least it should, of His great love for us. Even for those who profess there is no god, seeing a rainbow proves otherwise.

Love ... to know it, to show it, open your heart ... to Jesus, to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6