Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, March 6, 2009

When God has given you a dream ...

When God has given you a dream, He is committed to fulfilling it in your life, assuming you are committed to keeping the dream.

That, I believe is the central theme in the book, "Pursuing Your God-Given Dream" by Daniel Ekhaifo.

Of course, you have to know what your dream is.

Let's assume you do. Let's assume you have prayed about it, talked to God about it, meditated on it, thought about it some more and waited for God's wisdom to rest upon you.

When God has given you a dream,

* He brings the right kind of people our way. Our circles of influence widen.

* You must have faith - believe in the dream and that God will enable you to achieve it.

* You must be obedient - to God, to His leadership

When God has given you a dream and someone else doesn't have one, you may find those others putting you down because of jealousy or envy. They won't encourage you, but instead discourage you, attack your dream at every turn.

When God has given you a dream, you must stand firm. You must not listen to those who will discourage you nor see the distractions that steal away your dream. You must not look at alternate dreams, but stay focused on the dream God has given you.

Are you ignoring a dream? Are you afraid of failure? Take a step of faith and pursue your dream.

"If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." (Mark 9:23)

"Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles (schemes) of the devil." (Ephesians 6:10-11)

When God has given you a dream, don't doubt. We're not supposed to allow the circumstances surrounding us to dictate our attitudes. Yet we do. If co-workers are being laid off or / and we wonder if we're going to be next, our disposition moves downhill and its so hard to see what might be good come out of it. God provides a solution to every dilemma we face. The problem is we are not always aware - we often fail to remember God is on top of things and we need to just let Him take charge and not we ourselves.

Have a dream or calling? Pursue it.

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)

When God has given you a dream, don't become complacent. Don't settle for where you are and think that's well enough.

When God has given you a dream, if you truly believe in the dream and all it entails, God will enable you to fulfill it ... to move past your comfort zone at whatever the cost. Trials come into our lives whether or not we have a God-given, God-driven dream. How we handle the trials that hit us will help determine our future endeavors. Trials can strengthen our resolve to stay focused on God, at least they do for me, because it is Him alone who has brought me through them, and gives us the character traits needed for the next level.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post... God has given me a dream, a vision of the future. It seems impossible in the natural, which is why I know it's God.

    The hardest part is the patience. I wake up everyday expecting God to do it. I know that's not a bad thing, but sometimes I get impatient and then the doubt tries to corrupt the dream and I find myself asking if I misinterpreted the dream or missed God.

    What God has shown me is rooted in my spirit and it won't go away...

    I understand now that it is just about believing God, not based on any evidence, just believing Him. Even when it doesn't look like it. "His ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts."

    I will continue to live everyday, expecting God to do it, because I know he will.

    I hope this encourages another.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.....Thank you very much for this post, from India. I was infact confused by a dream...my husband and I are Social WOrkers, working for a faith based NGO in central India. God has blessed us so much, and we knew it was Gods will that we had moved to this place.
    Deep inside my heart I have a dream to go to Southern Hilly area of India, and work there. Do not know what to do exactly there. Its a more comfortable plae than the place we are right now..I am worried, whetehr its just a dream or desire of my own heart... but the desire is too intense, i found my self searching for opportunities in th at area, which I know there is nill..What ever, I we oonly want to do His dreams.....
    Thank you for listeneing.
    Love,
    beena

    ReplyDelete

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6