Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, March 13, 2009

Be Thou My Vision

Be Thou My Vision, O Lord of my heart --
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
Thou my best thought, by day or by night --
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

An ancient Irish hymn, this is my prayer this day. No matter what befalls me, keep me ever mindful of you, my Lord always.



"... Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Ephesians 5: 18-20)

Another song comes to mind, that of "Jesus is the Song," with words and music by David Denver, 1979. Here are the lyrics:

(1) My Savior is the Lord and King
He has control of everything,
He loves me and
He bids me sing,
He gives His song to me.

Jesus is ... the song of life
Jesus is ... the song of joy
Jesus is ... the song of love
Jesus gives His song to me.

(2) He calms my hurts
and dries my tears
He gives me strength
to face my fears

He sends His grace
thro' all my years
He gives His song to me.

Jesus is ... the song of life
Jesus is ... the song of joy
Jesus is ... the song of love
Jesus gives His song to me.

(3) My Savior, Jesus, I'll adore
My weary soul
He will restore
I'll praise His name
forevermore
He'll give His song to me.

Jesus is ... the song of life
Jesus is ... the song of joy
Jesus is ... the song of love
Jesus gives His song to me.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made
known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 4: 6-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6