Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Thoughts of the Unborn

Pain is so real and it's easy to see
It all happens to you and me

I know we are born to die
But at such a young age I don't understand why

I was so young and didn't understand
God would allow a change that I had not planned

I had no control over when I would go
But this I know I love you so

I live in your heart I am happy to say
Always there no matter what you think or pray

I love you and want you to love me
That's the way it should be

You weren't perfect I know quite well
God gave us each other I am happy to tell

Our hearts are melted together and its easy to see why
Our love will never die

For you are special to me
And always will be

Thank God for giving to me
An opportunity for life you see

Mom and dad please don't be too sad
You can learn from your mistakes for which I am glad

And if another child should come your way
Do what is right is all I can say

You didn't steal eternity from me
For I am a creation of God you see

No one is righteous before our dear Savior
Our thoughts are wrong including our behavior

Because of everything we do or say
That only leaves us one option---to pray

Dear God because I am guilty of not doing right
I ask you to save me today or tonight

Only Jesus can save me from my sin
I think of the unborn and wish I had let life begin

I am crushed and heart broken
No comfort my soul has ever been spoken

The blood of Jesus is all that can cleanse me
I want to do what is right and please God within me

All wrongs have equal weight on God's judgment scale
Even stealing a pencil can send us to hell

All of us do wrong and compare ourselves with others
We are not more righteous* than hysterical pregnant mothers

And if most women-with-child was loved by the child's father
She would smile and happily say "No abortion" why bother

You have hidden or damaged emotions buried in a sea of pain
Release them and you have everything to gain
Ask God and the person you mated with to forgive you
Forgive yourself and live the abundant life.

*Romans 3:10,12

© 2008 ArthurTrafford.com Arthur@ArthurTrafford.com
Reprinted with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6